The Eco Club of the College was established 15 years back with the objective of creating a green and clean campus wherein environmental friendly practices and education combine to promote sustainable and eco-friendly practices in the campus. Presently the Club is headed by Sri Gopabandhu Pradhan, Lecturer, Department of Mathematics.
• The institution has switched to LED bulbs to cut down on energy consumption.
• A composting pit has been constructed for solid-waste management.
• A sanitary napkin vending machines and an incinerator in Girls’ Common Room has been kept following the suggestion of the Eco Club.
• The Club jointly with the NSS has involved in large-scale plantation and has regularly celebrated the Earth Day
• The Eco Club in collaboration with the NSS wing of the College has promoted the Swachh Bharat Mission by engaging in greening of the campus, segregating decomposable materials from glass, metal, and other inorganic items, and sensitizing students and staffs about minimizing the use of plastic.
• It has proposed a rainwater harvesting system in the College, an e-waste disposal system to dispose the discarded electronic items and installation of rooftop solar PV system.
• The student volunteers jointly under the Eco Club and the NSS have also participated in clean-up drives in the College and in the locality and have been running awareness campaigns against forest fire which is sometimes seen in the nearby forest.